Is it Time to go Shoe Shopping?
Is it Time to go SHOE Shopping?
I know you’re thinking yes…How long will a good pair of workout shoes last? There are MANY factors that go into answering that question, like age, type of activity, frequency of the activity, foot structure, foot health… but as a general rule, workout shoes should be replaced approximately every 6 months! I know some of you who are still sporting your high school track shoes may have just gone into shock, but unfortunately replacing them every 3-9 months is a good policy to follow.
A few tips to follow in determining whether or not it’s time for them to go to shoe Heaven:
- If you take your shoe off of your foot and it is the same shape of your foot – replace it yesterday 🙂
- Press your thumb into the sole to check for the ability to press down and release; once the cushion is worn it will feel hard
- Compare how they feel to a new pair
- Pay attention to aches and pains in your body
How to lengthen the life of your shoes:
- Rotate 2 or 3 pairs of shoes at a time
- Take them off and put them on properly by unlacing them and using your hands rather than kicking them off or shoving your foot in while it is still tied
- Use them just for exercise – you may have noticed that most instructors will walk in with flip flops or boots and put on their workout shoes just before class.
Foot injuries can bring your workout routine to a screeching halt. Pay attention to your body and replace your shoes BEFORE they stop working for you!
BY: Dana Stone
feet, fitness, Fitness Consulting, group fitness, les mills, News
COMMENTS: No Comments